With the kind donation from Leung Po Chuen Research Centre for Hong Kong History and Humanities, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (LPCRC, CUHK), Leung Hung Kee General Education Scholarship for Sustainable Development Goals is established. The Scholarship aims to award local CUHK students who have outstanding performance in taking ownership of their learning, to understand the different aspects of the most pressing challenges of the world, and to make a difference by taking actions towards finding solutions to global problems.
Value of the Scholarship
There are up to ten Excellent Performance Awards of HK$5,000 each and one Exemplary Team Award of HK$20,000 for this year.
- The Scholarship is exclusively for local CUHK students.
- The candidate should fulfil ALL the following requirements:
1. Having taken at least two SDG-GE courses;
2. Having completed the online course on SDG Academy and passed the online quiz on Blackboard; and
3. Having completed at least 80 hours of SDG-VA by the academic year 2021–22. For team award candidates, the overall average time contribution should reach a minimum of 40 hours. On-going commitments/initiatives will be considered.
- For Team nomination: a team is eligible to apply for the Scholarship when all of the members (including the team leader) in the team have fulfilled the requirements above. The team leader should fill in the online application form, and upload the details of the team members with this form.
For interested parties, please refer to the guideline of the Scholarship for more information. Please submit the application online along with all requisite documents on or before 5 p.m., 10 June 2022 (Friday).